Goa: Graves vandalized, skulls found arranged outside buildings *Gujarat Court allows Jesuit college to recruit staff

June 16, 2012 by  
Filed under newsletter-india

Goa, June 16, 2012: Investigation showed that the graveyard adjoining the church had been vandalised and nine graves desecrated.

A graveyard in an island village in Goa was vandalized and nine skulls were found neatly arranged outside some buildings, police said Friday.

Officials of Old Goa police station, where the offence was registered, said the incident occurred Thursday night in Divar village near Panaji.

The skulls dug out from the graves were found arranged outside a private residence, a post office and a park Friday morning.

“Caetano Silveira of Divar complained in the morning that he found six skulls outside his house. When we checked the area we found two more skulls near the post office and one in a park near the church,” a police official said.

The official said further investigation showed that the graveyard adjoining the church had been vandalised and nine graves desecrated.

“We have registered an offence against unidentified persons for deliberately and maliciously trying to outrage religious feeling,” the official said.

– sify.com

Gujarat Court allows Jesuit college to recruit staff

 

Gujarat, June 14, 2012: The court asked the Gujarat state education department to grant permission to the Jesuit college by June 18.

The Gujarat High Court has directed the state government to permit St. Xavier’s College to fill up its vacant teaching and non-teaching posts.

The court asked the state education department to grant permission to the Jesuit college by June 18.

The college administration had to move the court after the government did not pay any heed to their repeated representations for permission to fill the vacancies.

The institution was facing staff crunch for the last one decade.

This irked the court and the department officials were summoned.

During the proceedings on yesterday, it was revealed that the concerned officer had requested the principal to withdraw the petition and did not feel it necessary to submit a reply to the high court.

“The respondents have acted in an arbitrary manner by firstly trying to persuade the petitioner to withdraw and also by organizing camp in the present case though the matter is subjudice… This court is of the opinion that this conduct calls for initiation of contempt proceedings,” the court said.

The court has posted the matter for further hearing on August 28.

“It is required to be borne in mind that ultimate sufferers are the students,” it said.

– ucan

Enter Google AdSense Code Here

Comments are closed.